By Brandi Welk
With 2014 right around the corner, that means every woman is in search of the perfect New Years Eve dress. Of course, this dress must include SPARKLES!! Sparkles are the ultimate go-to showstopper. But with that being said, that also means that certain areas of your body will be drawn attention to more than others. So, how do you know which area to bedazzle and which to keep basic? I think it’s best to approach this with taking into consideration your body type. If you’re a full-figured girl, you probably aren’t going to want to wear sequins from head to toe. Through my searching for the right NYE ensemble, I came up with a few tips for each of the five body types. This will not only ease your hunting, but also assist you in accentuating your hottest assets.
1) Apple – This is a woman with a chest and hips that are close to the same size, but your hips tend to be about six inches smaller than your chest. For this, I suggest your sparkle focus point be on the bottom half of your body. This will even out that small difference.
2) Pear – This body type is the exact opposite of the apple. With this, your hips are significantly wider than your shoulders which causes you to be curvy on your bottom half. There is nothing wrong with having hips ladies! Embrace it this NYE by purchasing a skirt has sparkle detail and pairing it with a basic top. This will not only draw attention to sexy curves, but also create the look of a smaller waist.
3) Rectangle – This is a woman where her shoulders, waist, bust and hips are around the same size. A woman with this body type can virtually get away with anything. Though, I do suggest creating the illusion of curves. In order to do this, you should buy a piece that will cinch the waistline. You can do this with a belt or peplum dress or top.
4) Inverted triangle – This body type is very similar to the apple shape, except instead of a subtle difference in your hips, they are significantly smaller than your shoulders. For women with this type, you absolutely do NOT want to put any focus on your shoulders. The last thing you want is to have the appearance of “man shoulders.” I would by a dress that flows outward on the bottom with sequin or glitter detail.
5) Hourglass – This is every woman’s dream. This woman embodies the perfect balance of bust and hips while having a small waist. Talk about having it made! I suggest picking a dress that is more form fitting to show off that awesome body. Work it girl!
Whether you are rectangle like me or fabulously hourglass, pick a sparkly dress right for your body and go into 2014 with a BANG! Good luck & happy hunting ladies!
Brandi Welk is known to many as The PR Princess and on Twitter @ThePrPrincesss. She was born and raised in Pensacola, FL and recently graduated from the University of West Florida with a B.A. in Public Relations. Shortly thereafter, she landed a job in nonprofit PR with it’s focus on senior care. While still learning the ropes of the professional world, The PR Princess enjoys blogging about her transition from classroom to career, as well as, her passion for fashion. She is taking on this big world one day at a time and loving every minute of it along the way.