I will admit…I definitely catch myself daydreaming about the day that I can finally afford to buy a house. Over the past 6 years from NYC to LA I have been a renting apartments thinking to myself, “Am I just wasting my money?” This week I have partnered with Fidelity Investments to break it down and give us insight on how we can financially prepare to Rent or Buy a home.
Jean Chatzky is an American financial journalist, author and motivational speaker. Chatzky has given personal financial advice on various TV shows. She is the financial editor for NBC’s Today Show.
Brittney Castro, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, entrepreneur and personal finance expert for women, is the Founder & CEO of Financially Wise Women, a Los Angeles based financial planning firm for women. She specializes in working with busy, established professional and entrepreneurial women who are passionate about life and want to finally understand money – how to manage it, save it, invest it, and protect it- in a fun and simple way.
Some of our talking points:
• If we are currently in debt is buying a home something one can consider?
• How can having a good or bad credit score have an impact on the ability to buy a home?
• How can we find out if we are throwing away money paying rent?
• Can you buy a house with less than 20% down?
• How can those of us in debt create a plan to pay of debt while saving to afford a home?
Looking forward to chatting with you Tuesday, February 9 at 8 pm EST about “Breaking It Down, Rent vs. Buy” with @Fidelity on #MillennialTalk!